So my training for the summer isn't the ideal or typical schedule. I am doing two runs on the weekend and then fitting in some cross training or interval training or at most some short runs up and down the driveway. But it is working for me. Saturdays are my long runs; Sundays I do a shorter run (8-12km).
In July I had two weeks following this schedule and for August I have 3 weeks where I will only get in weekend running. It has worked quite well and I do enjoy my weekend runs, but last week while my husband was here on vacation, it was great to get some weekday runs too!
My long runs are increasing slowly in distance. Two weeks ago my long run was 18km, this past weekend I'd planned a 16Km and was a little short finishing at 15.4km of running - plus an additional 1km of power walking! Next week I plan to do an 17km, but am debating the route -- I have been having some difficulties with the out and back route and my left hip... so might try another route where the roads aren't quite so curved.
The other thing I've noticed is that my pace has increased. My average pace in April was 6:30min/km on a 6-8km route, now my average pace is 6:10 (or faster) on a 10-18km run.
Wow so you're doing the Disney princess half? I have debated on doing that since I live so close to Orlando. My first half is going to be in Oct. but this heat is making me struggle to get down my pace time. I feel like my chest is going to explode when I try to maintain below a 9 minute mile on longer runs.
ReplyDelete