17 January 2011

Pace Comparisons for my 15K

For my shorter distance Races I`ve been able to keep up an under 6min-km. But for my longer distances I can`t keep that up... On comparing my pace, my 15K yesterday was at nearly the same pace as my Half Marathon in October... so I wasn`t nearly as slow as I thought! 

5K: 0:29:59 -- 6:00 min-km 
8K: 0:47:45 -- 5:58 min-km 
10K: 0:57:01 -- 5:42 min-km 
Half: 2:13:36 -- 6:20 min-km 
15K: 1:35:44 -- 6:23 min-km 


If I`d run at the same pace for my half, I would have completed about 3.5 minutes faster... not too far off, and if I hadn`t taken walk breaks, I could have done it.  BUT my body needed the slower pace, and I listened!
That was a great run yesterday and I don`t really even hurt after it... although I do have a case of the munchies... 

No comments:

Post a Comment