16 January 2011

Chilly Chase 2011

A year ago I ran the 5km in the Chilly Chase.  Today I ran the 15km.  I had a slightly higher pace a year ago, but wasn`t nursing any injured foot.  My foot is doing well tonight so I`m glad I took it easy and didn`t push it too hard.



 
It was a WET and WINDY day to run... temps were pretty high at 10C for the middle of January, but between the rain showers, mist, and heavy rain as well as the winds of 10kts gusting to 25kts - it wasn`t the best day to run.  The route is fairy flat, and open being on farm land near a local airport.  



 And since I`d never run a 15km race, I did get a personal best today, although at a slightly slower pace than my normal 6min-km.... I did complete with an average pace of 6:26min-km!





All in all, not a bad time for someone who is injured on such a wet and miserable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment