23 November 2010

Not quite following the plan, but...

So last week I set out my training plan, and I'm off it already! Not such a good track record, but I have been running (most days I'd planned)...



* Monday ~ 10-12K
* Tuesday ~ Strength Training (Upper/Core)
* Wednesday ~ Long run
* Thursday ~ Yoga
* Friday ~ Speed Work
* Saturday or Sunday ~ one day a rest day, the other hills/stairs


Week of Nov 15
  • Monday - Run 7km/44min - Walk 2.7km/27min
  • Tuesday - Walk 4.24km/ 55min; Gardening No Strength Training
  • Wednesday - Run 11.53km/73min - Walk .74km/7min
  • Thursday - Run .9km/5min No Yoga, but cleaned the house
  • Friday - Run 5.13km/36min; Walk .4km/4min
  • Saturday/Sunday - no run.  Too icy/snowy or dark in times I was available to run
And I probably missed some of the walks to and from school....

Week of Nov 22

  • Monday - Run 4.52km/27min - Walk 3.1km/37min
  • Tuesday - Run 7.63/50min - Walk 2.4km/ 27min
  • Wednesday -
  • Thursday - 
  • Friday -
  • Saturday/Sunday - 



Planning ahead
Now for the rest of the week... what will I run?  Well I'll get my long run in tomorrow at at least 12km (weather permitting).  And Thursday I'll get a short run in, as long as it isn't too cold or wet- I'm going out with my mom for the day, so not sure if I can get my yoga in.  And Friday, I need to winterize my van (including snow tires) so it really depends on the weather.  If its nice, I'll run, if not I won't.... since I don't want to be hanging around waiting for my van to be serviced while soaking wet from a run!  Saturday is a busy day here, but the kids are headed to my mom's on Sunday, so I'll get in a run then.

No comments:

Post a Comment