Even though its my goal, it seems unbelievable. Growing up I was not an athlete, and only occasionally active. But even though I'm out of my comfort zone I feel great. It is getting to be more "me". I still shake my head in amazement when others ask to run with me... Wednesday last week I ran 4km with another mom who didn't run much over the summer (but in the spring I really had to push it to keep up with her) - I pushed her for the run - and then she headed home and I finished another 12km!!!
Now I am training for a half marathon. I did a 16km run on Wednesday and have a 21km run planned for Monday... Today my run was 11km long and absolutely wonderful. I did run 1km walk 30sec and felt great for most of it and on my "slow jog" down the hill home - my pace during this nice easy run was 6:33 min/km as I was trying to cool down. My splits weren't negative due to all the hills on my route - but had some great fast kilometres and some nice slow UPHILLS.... It was a great run, but still need to figure out the best way to carry my water.
- I can't stand the taste of plastic containers so can't use the FuelBelts - I love the way the belt fits, but the water (in plastic) makes me gag...
- I have a torso pack that holds my KleanKanteen vertically so I'm limited to the smaller sizes as it hits me in the back, and the belt rides up as I run. So I use it, but its frustrating.
- There is also another one available at running room that holds the bottle on an angle and maybe that would be better, but I'm worried about it riding up as its a similar style to the one I have.
- Holding it (with or without a hand carry sleeve) works for short runs, but hard enough on a 10k - definitely can't do that on my longer runs
- And due to circulation issues, I can't run with a backpack style on my back.

No comments:
Post a Comment