10 July 2010

15km Run

Sorry I've been absent from here... I have been running, just not getting online much.

Today I headed out early to beat the heat. Good thing as its now over 25C at noon (in the shade). The route was nice and shady today with only a few patches of sun. I took a scenic route home so it did affect my pace and total time, but looking out at the morning sun over the Pacific Ocean and walking home along the logs, are definitely worth the time hit on my training run. Might be a different story if I was aiming for a PR.





Time: 01:51:38
Distance: 15.26 km
Elevation Gain: 239 m
Calories: 1,058 C
Avg Temperature: 19.0 °C




Now for the logistics of organizing half marathons. My husband has decided he wants to run both the events I was interested in... but that raises the issue of child minding. We might both need to run different events in the fall... the only problem of other events are the dates. I have setup my training plan for a race on 17-Oct. Other local events are 26-Sep or 21-Nov, so 4 weeks earlier or 5 weeks later -- but later makes it much closer to the Princess Half Marathon in Disney World. For Disney World, my mom has said she & her husband will come with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment