19 March 2011

Developing a new Training Plan



ocean Profile Graphics and Comments
ocean Graphics






So now I`m trying to figure out my training... I do need to fit in some more strength training, and would love to add some cross training.  But first the kids are on Spring Break!  This puts a small delay into my training....  

We aren't going far for Spring Break as we just got home from our vacation in Florida and the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  Since the half marathon I've gotten two short runs, a walk and an aquafit class in.  Since I was exhausted from the trip and had a sick kid for a couple of days, not too bad....  But I really need to get on track again.




My next scheduled race is the Longest Day Run 10KM.  I would love the kids to be able to run the 1 Mile Kids race too - but we`d need to bring another adult along.  So who can we bring?  The race is on the far west side of town...
Or do we arrange for a sleepover somewhere?



I know I need a goal and a plan.  So it is time to set some SMART goals!

10KM Longest Day Run
  • Goal time 0:55:00  
  • Race Date:  17 Jun 2011
  • I completed it last year in 0:57:00
  • Run 3-4 times per week
  • Include tempo runs, hills, a long slow run, and some speed work
Strength Training
  • Complete 200 Sit Up and 200 Squats Training Program
  • Both 6 week Programs
  • Completion Date: 8 May 2011
  • 2 Days of Strength Training in addition to Cardio/Cross Training
Weight Loss
  • Lose 10-15lbs 
  • Goal Date:  17 Jun 2011
  • Drink only plain tea and water
  • Start Tracking Food again
I am starting this week, even though I know I won't get the runs in.  Here is my typical week (I hope! as I'll need to be flexible based on the kids schedule):


MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday/Sunday
 Cardio
 Strength 
 Tempo Run
 Challenges
 Easy Run
 30min Strength 
 AquaFit*
 Challenges
 Long Run

 AquaFit*
 Challenges 
 Hills or Speed
 30min Strength
* Get to the Pool atleast ONE day per week for Cross Training

Weekly Goal:  March 20-26:

  • Run: Sunday & Tuesday (during Band)
  • Start Tracking Food again
  • Monday - Challenge Fit Tests
  • Thursday - Start Challenges
  • No AquaFit classes this week, Away with the kids starting Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment