18 October 2010

Offical Results Posted & Future Goals

Place Age Place in Age Group   Chip Time    Gun Time
107   37     29       F 30-39  2:13:36.7    2:13:59.4

So I finished slightly ahead of what my Garmin time! YEAH! I am so impressed and amazed at what I've accomplished. Many years ago I had a teacher who wanted me to get into Cross Country Running, he bribed me with Computer time (back in the days of the Apple & Apple II). I did compete that year in the district Track and Field event and came in near the very end (or possibly at the end...) and definitely didn't enjoy the experience. I now love running. The race was great for the most part - I did have a few self doubts about "Why anyone would want to do this?" a few times during the race. But otherwise it was a beautiful day! And a beautiful race.

So would I run the Rubber Ducky Half again - maybe. The route isn't my favourite, the boardwalks scare me, the stairs hurt, and truthfully I hated running km 9 & 19! So I don't know if I would run the Rubber Ducky again, I will definitely be running Half Marathons!

Goals
So my next major goal is the Disney World Princess Half Marathon On February 27, 2011! That leaves me with the next 4 months to recover, and train for my next one.

I would also like to compete in the Chilly Chase 15km race - I did the 5K in 2010 as my first race... it is a well run event on a wonderfully flat route! I figure the 15K race will fit nicely into my distance training for the Princess Half...

As for my training plan, my current thoughts are

  • Take it easy for the next week.  Get out for some walks, do yoga and yard work.
  • Oct 25th resume ChaLEAN Extreme again!
    Hopefully this time I can complete it
  • Start running 3x per week.  
    • Long Run of 10-15km on a weekday
    • Interval Run 
    • Short Run 5-8km
      I am better getting out for a run on the weekend than doing strength training.  And as usual hill training is always included given where I run!

No comments:

Post a Comment