14 September 2010

30 Days to Self Love -- Finding Joy!

What will bring YOU joy? It’s yours for the taking….so take. 

Today many things bring me joy!  Joy is all around and ours for the taking.
Today I got great joy in heading out for my run. It was wonderful to head out to run, and a beautiful sunny day!

What else brings me joy?

My kids: Today my youngest went to school for half a day, and tomorrow starts full-day kindergarten. The joy and happiness in her as she heads off to school is great. She was a joy to pick up from school, and is growing into such a beautiful and wonderful little girl. My other two children are also joys as they are excited to embark on new activities this year. As I ran home past the school my oldest daughter, was so excited to see me and excited about her yummy pumpkin-apple muffin I made last night.

My Husband:  He has made an amazing transformation in the past year... I am so glad that he has joined me in my healthy and active lifestyle -- he too has lost over 100lbs and is running and exercising many times a week (although he runs much faster than I)... My husband who got up early to head out for his run before work -but before leaving, he emptied the dishwasher and took the garbage out!  Made my morning much easier - thanks...

My mom & step-dad:  I love that they think of the little things, and are such great helps.  They were recently in the Okanogan and have brought me home apples (as my apple trees were barren this year), and also some beets to make pickled beets.  They are wonderful with the kids and a great help.



My Running: 
Now that all three kids are in school, I am able to run on weekdays.  I keep reminding myself that I will need to take a rest day sometime this week.  I've done 3 hard days of running, so although I would love run tomorrow, I will start back with either Jillian Micheal's Yoga Meltdown or ChaLEAN Extreme.

Today run included a 3km "warm-up" run to the oval with an average pace of 5:45min/km.  Then a .8km walk (at a 7:52min/km pace), then onto 200m run with 200m walk repeats (did 9 of them, was trying for 8, but mis-counted).  My pace for the run ranged between 4:30 and 4:50 with the last one at 5:17 (oops I was tired). My walk intervals were generally at a 8:30min-km pace.  After my repeats, I walked for half a km, then ran nearly 3km back to the school.  Forgot to turn my garmin back on after talking to my daughter I missed the last .9km home.


The following table shows my stats, excluding the .9km walk/jog to and from the school (walk up with kids and jog home)


     TimeDistance(km)Pace(min/km)
Total  1:12:00 10.856:38
Running 0:45:42 7.74 5:54
Walking 0:26:183.118:27

No comments:

Post a Comment